This course will prepare participants to work with very difficult and challenging people whether they are customers, peers, staff or bosses.
Participants in this course will
- Better understand the behaviors and thought patterns of difficult people.
- Explore the psychological archetypes of supervisors, coworkers or customers who exhibit challenging behaviors.
- Discover how difficult people think and feel and why they act the way they do.
- Discuss key steps that must be taken to prepare for encounters with difficult persons.
- Learn how to establish rapport – on the phone or in person.
- Explore how to manage their own emotions – particularly when their “hot” buttons are pushed.
- Role-play and rehearse practical strategies and techniques to deal effectively with a variety of scenarios involving difficult persons.