This workshop is for individuals who write speeches that others will present/deliver. The workshop can be delivered in a one or two day format.
- Basic principles of effective speech-writing
- Key strategies for effective speech-writer
- Techniques may depend on who presents the speech
- Speech motive & objectives; short vs. long term outcomes
- Types of speeches
- Identifying the target audience then writing for them
- Research activities: Sourcing data/evidence and story-lines
- Identifying the speech venue or environment
- Developing the structure of the speech; Openers, main ideas & closers.
- Transitions & connections
- Metaphors, stories
- Key writing tips including specific grammatical strategies.